Bernice’s Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote – Traditional & Instant Pot Recipe
Bernice’s Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote is so easy… 3 ingredients and you have the perfect side dish or a magnificent dessert.
1 lb rhubarb – cut into chunks
1 pint sliced strawberries (you can also use frozen)
1/2 cup of sugar
3 tbs water
In a sauce pan, bring the sugar, water, and rhubarb to a boil (low heat) then cover and simmer until soft.
Stir in the strawberries.
Chill and serve.
INSTANT POT RECIPE:
- Place the rhubarb, strawberries, water, and sugar into the Instant Pot and stir.
- Make sure to coat the fruit evenly with sugar and let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the lid and make sure it is locked and valve is in the sealed position.
- Select the Manual or Pressure Cook for 5 minutes
- When done, do a natural release about 10-15 minutes
- Remove compote from inner pot and place in a bowl(s) and chill
- Serve and enjoy!
Love, Bernice. xo
For Weight Watchers, substitute Stevia for sugar and you have a zero point recipe!