An elegant dessert shared by Chef Kym at The Gage Restaurant with Instant PotLuck
● 1 L High quality heavy cream (Locally we use Kalona Cream from Iowa)
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 cup granulated sugar
● 1 cup superfine sugar
● 8 egg whites
● 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
● 2 cups blueberries
● 1 cups sugar
● 1 tablespoons lemon juice
● 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
● 5 cups blue berries, fresh
● Whip chilled cream and vanilla on medium (not high) until thick.
● Preheat oven to 250F.
● Line 2 baking sheet with parchment or foil.
● In a clean, dry mixing bowl, whisk together on medium whites, tartar and salt until
frothy, about 8 minutes.
● Add 1 tbls at a time the sugar and whisk about 10 minutes.
● Whisk on high and until stiff and glossy.
● Spread ½” thick onto sheets and bake 1 ½ hours until dry. Leave in off oven overnight to
dry and peel off parchment, break up.
● ALTERNATIVELY: Purchase store bought at any grocery store.
● Bring everything except 5 cups fresh blueberries to a simmer and cook for 10
● Chill, then fold in fresh berries.
● Alternating, layer blueberries, meringues and cream in each cup. Serve