Shrimp & Brie from Popeye’s, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Shrimp and Baked Brie: Creamy brie in a garlic herbed-butter with grilled shrimp, tomatoes, scallions, and toasted almonds.
- Category: Side Dish/Appetizer
1- small wheel Brie
6-12 medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
1/2 stick -butter – softened
3Tbl- olive oil (or vegetable oil)
2. – clove garlic, minced
2 Tbl- lemon juice
1/4 C – parsley- chopped
1 tsp- black pepper
2 Tbs- dry oregano
1 tsp- salt
1. Heat oven 350
2. Mix softened butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, oregano and salt in Cuisinart or by hand in mixing bowl, set aside.
3. Place Brie in oven safe casserole dish with shrimp and 1/3 butter mixture and bake in oven till shrimp are cooked and Brie is soft… about 15 minutes.
4. Add remaining butter mixture to dish and let melt creamy.
5. Serve with crusty fresh bread.
Top with almonds, scallions, and diced tomatoes.
Keywords: Popeye's Restaurant Lake Geneva, Shrimp and Brie, Death by Brie, Instant PotLuck