I’ve love halibut and this easy recipe for halibut is great for a dinner party or an easy family meal… or date night. I’ve never had anything quite like this before and it’s called Halibut Alaska and it’s one of my favorite recipes from one of my favorite people. I call it: heaven on a plate. If you love making fish, and want a new way to make, this baked halibut is the recipe for you.
If you love halibut and you’re tired of serving it grilled or broiled with a wedge of lemon, this is one amazing dish that’s great for the family, or a unique main course to serve at your next dinner party… or why not just make it for yourself? It’s elegant and easy.
Here’s the oven recipe:Print
Easy Halibut Alaska aka Heaven on a Plate
The best halibut recipe that’s unique and will make you look like a star chef.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 26 mins
- 2 lbs Halibut Steak, approx. 1″ thick
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs minced shallots or onion
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Dash of paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Rinse Halibut and pat dry
- Arrange pieces side-by-side in a greased 8 x 12 baking dish
- In a small bowl mix mayo, sour cream and flour together until smooth
- Stir in lemon juice, pepper, and onion
- Spoon evenly over fish
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees until fish is opaque in center (12-14 minutes)
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake until melted, about 1-2 minutes
- Add a dash of paprika
- Remove steaks to platter and serve
For those who don’t use dairy, you can easily substitute dairy free options for the cheese, mayo, and sour cream.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP.
And please, follow me on PINTEREST… the place where I go to look for a recipe and end up considering which Tiny House I should buy.
And here in Instagram.
For another easy, healthy, and wonderful fish recipe, check out this simple Salmon recipe — that’s ready in 3 minutes!