Back when I lived in Los Angeles, my friend, Pat made this incredible summer salad and it’s still my favorite. It’s so simple, but sometimes, “simple” is all one needs. What makes this so delicious is the particular way these fruits/veggies meld together… the textures blend perfectly: soft and creamy, sweet and tart, with a bit of crunch in every bite. So, when I was invited to a picnic, I knew this was the side to bring. But this salad isn’t just good for the summer. It’s perfect anytime.
I use Briannas Home Style Dressings Blush Wine Vinaigrette which gives it the taste I love. I’m pretty convinced that without the dressing, I’d love it, but this particular dressing just works and makes this recipe a hit.
This is so easy but so good…Print
Pat’s OMG Summer Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- 2 large avocados
- 3 ripe tomatoes – the juicier the better
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Briannas Home Style Dressings Blush Wine Vinaigrette
- Cut up the vegetables into bite-size pieces
- Leave the skin on or off the cucumber… it’s up to you. (I prefer the cuke to be peeled)
- Add 2 tbs of Briannas Home Style Dressings Blush Wine Vinaigrette
- Gently mix together and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour or until nicely chilled
And I brought it to share at the picnic with friends in the Make It & Take It Containers™ I created these exclusively for you, the home chef and Instant Pot lover so, it’s easy to share your home-cooked meals with friends and family, and a great way to send leftovers home with guests. PLUS, you don’t have to keep asking for your “Pyrex” back. (No more stalking/nudging your friends to return the damn container!) And since you made it, your name belongs on the label, right?! Each container comes with a set of removable inserts which snap into the underside of the lid.
Join our closed Facebook group where you can share your recipes and ideas.
And please… follow us on Pinterest… the place where I go to look for a recipe and end up deciding which Tiny House to buy.