Back when I lived in Los Angeles, my friend, Pat made this incredible summer salad and it’s still my favorite. It’s so simple, but sometimes, “simple” is all one needs. What makes this so delicious is the particular way these fruits/veggies meld together… the textures blend perfectly: soft and creamy, sweet and tart, with a bit of crunch in every bite. So, when I was invited to a picnic, I knew this was the side to bring. But this salad isn’t just good for the summer. It’s perfect anytime.
I use Briannas Home Style Dressings Blush Wine Vinaigrette which gives it the taste I love. I’m pretty convinced that without the dressing, I’d love it, but this particular dressing just works and makes this recipe a hit.
This is so easy and so good…Print
Pat’s OMG Summer Salad
A perfect marriage of soft and creamy, sweet and tart veggies with a bit of crunch in every bite.
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- 2 large avocados
- 3 ripe tomatoes – the juicier the better
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup red onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Briannas Home Style Dressings Blush Wine Vinaigrette
- Cut up the vegetables into bite-size pieces
- Leave the skin on or off the cucumber… it’s up to you.
- Add 2 tbs of Briannas Home Style Dressings Blush Wine Vinaigrette
- Gently mix together and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour or until nicely chilled
And I brought it to share at the picnic with friends in the Make It & Take It Containers™ I created these exclusively for you, the home chef and Instant Pot lover so it’s easy to share your with friends and family and a great way to send leftovers home with guests. Plus, you don’t have to keep asking for your the “good glassware” back. The 9-piece set comes with removable inserts which snap into the underside of the lid. As my mother Bernice would say, “you made it, who else’s name belongs on the label?!”
Join our Facebook group where you can share your recipes and ideas.
And follow us on Pinterest… the place where I go to look for a recipe and end up deciding which Tiny House to buy.